Sunday, October 18, 2015

Momma's Little Dare Devil

     Everyone has a bucket list. Whether it is written down somewhere or stored in your mind. We all have something that we want to do before we die. I first started making mine when I was 10 years old. That may seem odd, because what 10 year is thinking about what they want to do before they die? It started out with the generic stuff: skydiving, bungee-jumping, ride in a hot air balloon.
     Yes, at the age of 19, I have completed the 3 above.
-jumping out a plane for a 16th birthday present is one feeling that I will never forget. It is just like the movies, you step outside that plane and WHOOSH! you are gone. If you ever have the opportunity to, then TAKE IT! or be like my grandpa and say "I wouldn't jump out of a plane unless it is going down"
-bungee jumping was a thrill! the guy tried to convince me not to jump headfirst because I was "so young" (excuse him, I was 15 at the time) so I jumped head first and that was the first time I thought I was going to die. (I didn't) I didn't tell my momma til after and well what can I say? I'm momma's little daredevil.
-Riding in a hot air balloon was a birthday present for one of my friends and she decided to take me with her. (get great friends)

    As I grew older over the past 19 years, I have added a lot of new items to my list such as milking a cow, getting married, carving my name in a tree, get a ticket, be hypnotized, go to the Derby, etc. Some are basic and may take some money to do, but others it just takes time to do.
    I made my bucket list because not that all the things on there are hard to do or super expensive but it makes me enjoy all the little things in life. It makes me experience something new that will open my eyes to something incredible. It gives me a story to tell my kids someday. It gives me the opportunity to do something that I wouldn't normally do. My list has grown and will continue to grow as I go through these first college years. I'm not saying I will never complete my list, but it isn't about completing the list. It's about making the most of the time I do have here and doing something someone would call crazy. I am a little crazy and that's okay. So do something crazy with your life, or do that one thing you want to do before you die while you have the chance.

-Momma's little dare devil

No comments:

Post a Comment